BEATS YOU CAN TAP YOUR FEET TO.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lomography's Fisheye2


Last year I got a new camera for my birthday.  I have a nice Canon digital camera, but wanted to take a step back and enjoy some of the benefits and challenges of 35 mm film.  After some research I found an affordable 35 mm camera that has a built in *fisheye lens.  I admire the images taken by many of today's sports photographers with a fisheye lens and was excited to get one of my own at the affordable price of $50. 

*Note (brought to you by Wikipedia.com): In photography, a fisheye lens is a wide-angle lens that takes in an extremely wide, hemispherical image.  Originally developed for use in meteorology to study cloud formation and called "whole-sky lenses", fisheye lenses quickly became popular in general photography for their unique, distorted appearance.  They are often used by photographers shooting broad landscapes to suggest the curve of the Earth.

This last month the weather in Utah has been getting better and I had the privilege of taking a few rolls of film with my new camera.  Here are some of the pictures I took.









No comments:

free counters